Monday, August 20, 2007

Missed weekend

Well, i apparently missed a lot this weekend. So here are my takes on the major goings on.

  • We went 2-2 vs. the Angels this weekend. I'll take that. Apparently we should have won 3 our of the 4 games if it wasn't for Gagne, but what can you do. I am really getting sick of hearing Gagne blew it but the more i think about it the more i relax. My sources tell me Gagne has been looking good and has some nasty movement on the change-up. If that is true, the results will come along. Also, Delcarmen struggled as well. If Gagne wasn't here he would be in a bigger situation and probably struggling similarly. All and all, splits against really good teams are acceptable.
  • Buccholz made his debut and got the win in the effort. I really can't speak much to his game. I see his line wasn't an awful one, at least when you consider it was his first start, but for a rookie the line can be misleading. He will be back up here in a couple of weeks and i'll make a much better analysis on him.
  • Pena is gone and Kielty is in. Not a huge Kielty fan, so that's really all i have to say about that. Pena leaving town is the bigger news. He is now with the Nationals in exchange for a PTBNL. I'm hearing that Chris Carter is that player. I don't really understand that since Carter is owned by the D-Backs, but these PTBNL trades are confusing. Carter is a nice player that can flat out hit. A little old for a prospect and not a great defender, but he is very similar to a Jack Cust.
  • Everyone knows a hate Dougie, so how happy was i to see he was put on the DL. He has a strained right calf which shouldn't keep him out too long. In his stead, the Sox promoted Kevin Cash. I don't understand it at all. Kottaras has caught a knockleball, is younger, and a better hitter. This is the type of thing i hate about Theo. They have better options than they use. That gives me a great idea about a thread. We will see how that progresses.
So, that's the weekend i missed. The lead is down to 4 but no need to get freaked. The Sox are fine.

No comments: