Monday, July 23, 2007

Lester returns

I'm pissed. I think this makes no sense in the slightest. Lester will be brought up tonight to pitch against the Indian's. I just wrote about Lester and how he is showing signs of tiring. Why are we bringing up a guy that is struggling? Both Pauley and Hansack are out pitching him at Pawtucket and i think Tavarez would have done better than Lester is going to. Of coarse, the Red Sox hope that Lester has a future, while those players are AAAA type players at best. This fact alone should not have made this move, but it appears that it has. I really don't get the plan either. With Gabbard pitching great and Schilling on his way back, where does Lester fit after 2 starts?

I'm not only mad about Lester coming up. I can at least understand their motivation in that. Why on earth are the DFAing Piniero. I have made it pretty clear how much i dislike that guy, but Lopez can be optioned to AAA. We didn't need to get rid of this guy. Lopez is not a LOOGY. Lefties actually hit him well for a left handed pitched. Why not option him down, keep Piniero, and wait for another injury to bring a lefty up. September call ups are extremely far away, i think we can last the next 6 weeks with no real LOOGY.

I don't even know, this is jsut pissing me off. This is the reason why i hate Theo. He has no idea what it takes to make a pen. Even i knew that Piniero and Romero had no reason being in our pen, and neither made it into August. We have good arms in our farm, but he insists on bringing out players like Lester and Lopez, neither of which should be on this team.

No comments: