Thursday, April 5, 2007

Game 3


The Red Sox win 4-1. Here are some highlight:

  • Dice-K looked...good...great...not so great. I don't know exactly how i feel. He did exactly what was asked of him, minimize runs and get Ks, but outside that he didn't look amazing. He was a little wild, that's the only concern I have. He got a lot of Ks and the only run was scored off a home run, plus only allowed one walk. All in all, for his first game in the majors I'll give him an A. For a game against the lowly Royals, I'll give him a B.
  • A lot of runners were left on base, 22. I hope this doesn't become a trend because it will seriously hurt their offense (no kidding).
  • Ortiz struck out 4 times, yes 4 times.
  • It's really a shame that Greinke is such a headcase, because he has talent coming out of his ears.
  • Our bullpen did a great job again. It was great to see Paps out there for the first time, and Romero looked solid for the 3rd day in a row. Its about time he faces a real lineup so we can draw better conclusions.
  • Crisp is struggling big time. I know its just one series, but he hasn't looked good at all. He looks lost and i don't know if the Sox will give him the time he needs to find his swing. Bring on Ellsbury.
  • Sox win, Dice-K strikes out 10, Manny gets a couple of hits, I'll take that any day of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Was it you that was asking me about the government grants website? well anyway, here it is... Grants I'm headed back to Cali this weekend, gotta get warm! :)